Monday, August 30, 2010

Filipino Values and Attitude

Filipino Values and Attitude
 
How do you react on what you have seen in the television and read in the news paper?  Though I work in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , I received a copy of tabloids through email everyday and what I have noticed? Mostly, bad news!  And the ways some of the journalist, writers and ordinary people respond even in good news? DAH………….
 
 I heard and read a lot of criticism to what happen last august 23, 2010.  I did not see the live coverage of the hostage drama, because I was in the office that time.  Partly, I’ve seen it because that night the only topic in the news was the incident which already covered almost the whole day.  Nevertheless, at least I got an idea of what really happen.
 
As expected, I heard nothing but reproach from our so called “critics”, the denunciation to the hostage taker, negotiator team, bystander and off course to the media. 
 
Another issue was the final question and answer of Ms. Philippines , Venus Raj, in the Ms. Universe pageant held in Las Vegas Nevada last August 24, 2010.  I thought since she ranks in the said pageant, the mood of the Filipino people will change.  Again, what I have read in the news paper and heard in the television, disapproval of her answer in the final question.
 
There is this writer in one of the tabloids, the title of his article “Venus Raj, bigo na ma-conquer ang Universe”. I ask my self “Did Venus loss in the pageant?” I don’t want to criticize.   But it took my attention while reading the tabloid.
 
            I want to challenge those people who criticize Venus Raj to audition in a pageant.  Let us see if you will be “qualified” as one of the “contestants”.  To realized if you really have the right to criticize. 
 
            Two different story and yet they got the same criticism.  Is this the kind of values and attitude Filipino have?  Instead of criticizing people in their act and in what’s happening in our country, why not speak of the positive things?  Think of its positive side.  Contribute instead of denunciation.
 
Philippines have a bad image nowadays especially in the tourism.  If we will not be responsible in our own little way, nothing will change in our country and we will be left behind by other Asian countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment